Monday, June 4, 2007

more no no's, sleep problems, and first craving :)

ok, So Patrick and I went to see the movie Knocked Up! Moments were painful to watch (Seth Rogen didn't always have the right words to say..haha) but it was extrememly hilarious, and reminded me of some new things you better never say to me. I know that may come off as harsh, but I feel like being up front and honest and keeping it real is better than walking away from a conversation with you pissed off at a comment! ha,....love me. Anyways...

somewhat along the same lines as #1, number 2 deals with weight and 'giganticness' of a pregnant woman's growing body. It goes something like this.

2. Attacker: "Wow, you look like you are ready to pop.", Innocent pregnant beauty: "I'm due in 2 months" Attacker: "Are you sure?"

No genius. I miscalculated the growth of the human I have inside of me. You must be right seeing as thought you are just looking at the outside of my body and determining my due date. Would you like my doctor's phone number to give them the updated information?

Another favorite part of the movie actually brought me to the next comment not to make. I don't think anyone in particular would actually dare to say this, but we will put it on the list as a precautionary.

3. "Wow, that milk came in fast didn't it" (said during first months of pregnancy).

For those who may not know, milk won't be in for quite a while, and my breasts are not for you to stare at and decide whether or not they are becoming full. If you want more information on that feel free to contact patrick@originsnyc.com . He can give you the FULL updates. :) (i think I'm so funny)


As far as everything else goes, I have been having some sleep issues lately. Yesterday I was EXHAUSTED, which is totally common and expected for a woman in her first trimester (which I will be ending soon!!) So, at a pathetic 8:30 pm I lay down to watch a movie and fall asleep. I figure, this will be fine and tomorrow I will wake up refreshed for school.

INSTEAD, I wake up at midnight and can't fall back asleep until 4am. I can't tell you how hard it was to wake up at 6:30 this morning!! I guess my body/mind is attempting to prepare me for a newborn. My dear friend Tara's beautiful little girl in quite the nocturnal miracle and enjoys 4 am cuddle fests with someone. I am sure I screwed myself over by napping tonight from 6-9pm. I am never going to sleep normal again. Welcome to motherhood I guess....minus the crying and pooping and stuff.

During my insomniac fest last night, I was watching season four of the Simpsons, which happens to be the best season they have released on DVD in my opinion. Its about 3AM at this point and I am laying there pissed off that I am still awake. Then it happened. I couldn't get this string cheese that was in the bottom drawer of my fridge out of my mind. I thought, don't do it Teresa, you don't need those extra calories at 3AM. But then the thoughts consumed my mind. 'That stringy yumminess would just slide right down the throat right about now...do it Teresa, do it." I think at that point, my 3 month old fetus actually grew a tiny little persuading voice. I jumped out of bed and ate that string cheese like it was my business. Then, baby persuading fetus told me, "Wouldn't that green apple be the best chaser to that string cheese?". I said NO to persuading baby fetus, but the persistence of the voice caused to cave. I couldn't help it. I am already a sucker for my kid, giving in to his/her every desire.

I guess I should be glad I am craving such healthy snacks. Baby Fetus could have told me to go for a jar of crisco and oreos or something dangerous like that. Thank you sweet baby fetus for sparing be abnormal weight gain in your first weeks of life.

Ok, time to put on the next disc of Simpsons and coax myself to sleep. Love you all...
Teresa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this was one of the funniest things i have read in a while. have i told you lately that i love you?

Carollee Sweeney said...

Feel lucky!!! I never seem to sleep at night because my body keeps feeling like it is compleltey numb!! My little darling also craves non healthy foods at 3am like Mcdonalds french fries. No wonder I put on so much weight!!! What is said is I feel better if I eat McDonalds grease for lunch then of I eat something nutrious like chicken breast. All I can say is Thank God McDoanlds in great NR is now open 24/7 and only two minutes away! Give i to your cravings!!! Baby knows best!

joelle said...

is this tara capozzoli tara? very funny post!